The wellbeing of those in ministry has a significant impact on the health, growth, and strength of the body of Christ. Wellbeing among ministers struggling with the everyday challenges of ministry needs to be addressed, both for the good of the workers themselves, and to be good stewards of the ministry. To that end, Concordia Plan Services has formed the Ministerial Care Coalition (MC2) to assist in the effort to elevate the level of care for all who are engaged in the important work of ministry in the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod and their families. MC2Partners have been identified in the 35 Synod districts by their District President as having gifts and passion to lead the efforts in Ministerial Care. Ministerial Care resources include:
- Resources for the seven aspects of personal wellness referenced in the wholeness wheel.
- A closed advice and resource discussion forum for MC2 partners. If you are an MC2 Partner, contact us for more information.
- The Pastoral Support Network, an EAP service specifically trained for issues that ordained ministers and their families face.
- The CIGNA EAP, a service which all individuals involved in ministry may use for counseling, legal, work-life balance, financial and other services.
- Webinars, conferences, and other events to help those involved in ministry gain new skills.
- Intriguing new articles to challenge the ministry to grow together intellectually and spiritually.
Click here for the Ministerial Care Coalition website.