To support the people of the Southern District in fulfilling their mission, the district leadership has set the following priorities:
- Support the planting of new starts to ensure the best possible place, plan, and person for the mission
- Assist congregations in focusing/refocusing their mission work
- Practice good stewardship in our operations to increase the resources available for the mission
- Transition staff from program providers to mission facilitators who connect our congregations to the best mission practices
- Utilize a form of governance which enables the leadership to focus on the mission and be accountable to its work.